Sometimes it’s the simple things in life which are the best. For me, that’s definitely true when it comes to this easy brunch. I’m trying to up my intake of eggs & avocado… all good stuff for the little person and so always a winner.
It couldn’t be simpler.
Ingredients (to serve 2)
- 4 Slices x Seeded granary bread
- Unsalted butter
- Splash of white wine vinegar
- 4 x large organic eggs
- 2 x ripe avocados
- 1 x lemon
- Add a small dash of vinegar to a pan of simmering water.
- Pop your toast in to cook.
- Having cracked the eggs into a cup, create a gentle whirlpool in the water with the handle of a spoon to help the egg white wrap around the yolk all cosy.
- Slowly tip the eggs into the water and leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, peel and mash 2 ripe avocados, adding the juice of 1 lemon with plenty of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Remove your toast and butter before slathering with the juicy avocado.
- Remove the eggs with a draining spoon, cut away any messy edges using the edge of the spoon.
- Drain using kitchen paper so that you don’t end up with soggy toast.
- Pop the eggs on top of the avocado-laden toast and season appropriately.
Couldn’t be simpler and yet, still, one of my fave foods ever! What do you like for brunch?