I’m pretty sure I went to sleep last Friday night, woke up and it’s Friday again! Seriously, where is time going?
So, this week’s gratitude list…
- Valentines Day. I know, I know, the Mel 4 years ago is rolling her eyes out loud right now, but Dickie really is the best. After losing the Kate Spade hat I bought in Hong Kong (which is now discontinued) Dickie managed to get another shipped from the States to surprise me. As he had to work, he booked me in for a pregnancy massage at Pure Spa before taking me for a roast at The Two Brewers after work. It was the perfect day.
- Hugo. Hugo is my everything. Having had him for 14 years, he might just be a cat, but he’s so much more than that to me, we’ve been through everything together. He’s had problems with his kidneys in the past but was really sick this week. It turns out he has a bladder infection, cystitis and only 25% of his kidneys are functioning. We’re doing what we can to get him better, but for now, I’m just grateful that he’s at home.
- The Cat Cow. This is seriously the best (and simplest) yoga move ever invented. I now make time to do it every morning & evening and can feel it freeing room as I’m doing it.
- Staying in. I never thought that I’d find myself typing that, but with bump on board and the temperature dipping, I’m trying to get better at learning to put my feet up. The realisation is dawning that I don’t have long left before this will be a thing of the past.
- Starbucks Mobile App. Seriously. I’m always running late, but coffee (decaf for now!) always has a place in my day and so I normally nip in as quickly as I can on the way to the office. Starbucks recently introduced mobile ordering, allowing you to place your order & pay with your phone, then just dash in and collect. It’s quite simply brilliant. Not only does it save time, there’s nothing quite like the discreet smugness that comes with skipping the queue.
I hope that you’ve had a good week? What’s been your highlight? After a long week at work for both of us, we’re looking forward to a weekend of catching up with family & friends.