Firstly, apologies for the radio silence – being busy over Christmas along with a distinct lack of broadband made blogging somewhat difficult and, well, before I knew it, it was time to go back to work.
So with this being the first week back to work for many of us, here is my gratitude for this week:
- Making it to Friday. Seriously, on Monday morning it was touch and go whether I’d make it through the day but in no time, I was back in the swing of things and here we are at Friday… and I’m alive. Score.
- A lovely New Year. It was definitely our tamest to date! Dickie had to fly the next morning and I’m preggers, so drinking was off of the cards. Instead, I cooked up a storm, we watched a movie & chilled on the sofa. If you’d asked me 3 years ago, I never would have imagined that would be my New Year, but it really was lovely.
- The baby kicked. I’ve been worried all of this time that I wouldn’t be able to tell what a kick was. I really needn’t have worried. I definitely knew. This is where the fun begins.
- Mooching. With a renewed burst of energy now that I’m well into my second trimester, I’m finding it impossible to stay still. I also seem to have developed OCD tendencies and the need to clean things over & over! However, it was lovely with a few days at home on my own after New Year to do all of those things in my onesie. Slobbing FTW.
- Date night. It was nothing fancy, we only went to Loch Fyne for dinner, but it was just nice to make the effort to get a bit dressed up and to actually chat without chores or our phones going off. Definitely something we’re going to keep up when The Cookie Monster arrives.
I hope that your first week hasn’t been too painful. It’s the start of a whole new year, let’s make it count!
Big love, M xox