Happy Friday folks! This week it’s been a bit tougher to be grateful for stuff after I found myself on antibiotics for a kidney infection. All plans were cancelled & instead replaced with me feeling incredibly sorry for myself… is that teeny tiny violins I hear? However, without moping for too long, here are the things that I’m grateful for this week:
- Bath Christmas Market. I’m not going to be spending Christmas Day with my family this year & so we’ve started a little tradition of going back home a couple of weeks before to hit the Christmas Market followed by dinner. Much warmer than previous years, there’s nothing like sipping hot chocolate around all of the stools to put you in the festive spirit. This year saw the addition of new lodge pop-up bars in the centre of town which were so fun! I also got a chance to catch up with my Step-Sister & nieces who took great delight in telling me they’d busted mummy & daddy kissing in bed. Much hilarity ensued.
- Seeing friends. A busy work schedule combined with Dickie’s roster can make getting everyone together pretty tough. This week however, we finally managed it! Seeing lots of people for the first time for the wedding, it feels like time has flown by. I was fooled into believing that it was a Christmas Jumper dinner, only it quickly became apparent that wasn’t the case – cheers Dickie. I also got to spend the evening with my bestie, Fran on Wednesday night after she popped over for dinner. Many carols later & a fake fire blaring on the TV (keeping it classy!), we were feeling super Christmassy.
- #ScentWithLove. The lovely team at Boots kindly sent me a gorgeous bottle of Viktor & Rolf which I hadn’t tried until now. At a time when all pennies are being spent buying gifts for everyone else, it was so lovely to receive a treat.
- Being bullied. Seriously, the response that I received to this post was incredible. I certainly didn’t put it up to say “look at me” or for pity, but simply to show other people that they aren’t alone. I’m so grateful for each of your tweets, comments & emails, thank you.
- My husband. I know, it’s smushy mushy, but genuinely, I’m grateful for him every day. Not only is he my best friend, he’s been such an amazing support to me. I’m OBVIOUSLY over the moon to be expecting a mini human, but dealing with the realities of a changing body when you have an eating disorder isn’t easy. His constant reassurance, love & affection are more than I could ever wish for.
So, in conclusion, I’m a lucky, lucky girl… despite being sick. How’s your week been? Do you have any lovely plans for the weekend?
7 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! Yay.