It’s been a challenging week but I’m so grateful to everybody for all of their support. I guess that kind of treads on the first item of my gratitude list and so I’ll shut up on get on with the list of things I’m grateful for this week…
- An outpouring of love. On Wednesday I had a bit of a meltdown, all from taking a picture of my bump. Thankfully I had the courage rather than reverting to old ways, to share my struggles and the response I received was incredible. I never thought when I started my blog that anybody would read anything and to actually find that people do… and then are amazing as a result just blows me away. I’ll never take that for granted.
- First Hypnobirthing class. I never thought that I would write that. I’m petrified of Hypnosis. So many people have suggested it in the past but having watched one too many stage hynotherapists, I hate the idea of being out of control. However, when I read about hynobirthing on Gas & Air, Clemmie raved about it and after some research I really liked the sound of it. Yesterday’s session was mainly learning about the physiology of birth and the concept of Hypnobirthing, I already know it’s going to be totally up my street. Dickie fell asleep during the relaxation exercise FYI 🙈
- Surprising my mum. My mum flew out on her annual jaunt to the Maldives on Sunday (hard life, right?) and so I thought it would be a good idea to surprise her at the airport. I managed to wait for her outside of the lift that she was getting out of and there were tears all round. We went for a lovely coffee and it was so lovely to excitedly natter before she set off on holiday.
- Nursery furniture. Yep, this one’s still on the list. It’s partially built now. Unfortunately we got right to the end before discovering it was damaged (isn’t that always the way), so we’ve got a replacement top coming for the dresser and then we’re good to go!
- Putting in an offer! I don’t want to tempt fate by saying too much, but we’ve put in an offer on our very own house which has been accepted! I told Dickie whatever happened that I didn’t want to move at 9 months pregnant but now I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes through. It’s our dream home!
This weekend, we’re off to the Cotswolds for a short break using some vouchers that my mum & dad got us as a wedding gift, which I’m really excited for. Then I have Monday off… Midwife’s appt and a scan to ensure they’ve absolutely got the gender right this time. I can’t wait!
I hope that you have a lovely one, whatever you’re up to!