It’s not the type of thing that you’d indulge yourself with every day, but if velvety chocolate is all that you can think about, then this is definitely for you, my friend. It’s sooo good that I have to give it away to stop myself on gorging on the whole lot!
It’s also super easy to make, which is brilliant news if you’re anything like me!
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate popping candy
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 3/4 cup heavy cream.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until mixture coats back of spoon, 3 to 4 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Strain into a bowl; chill until cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat remaining 1 1/4 cups heavy cream with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled custard mixture, then gently fold in the rest with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill, covered, at least 30 minutes and up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate popping candy.
- Prepare for chocolate heaven.
What’s your guilty pleasure? I’m thinking of scanning Pinterest this weekend to find some more baking inspiration. At this rate, my boyfriend is going to be the size of a house. It’s so hard being him 😉 ha.
Big love, M xox