OK, so I know that I’m a little late to the game, but I thought that it might be nice to keep a picture journal of the months as they pass. Sadly, I remember being a child and hearing my mum tell me that time goes quicker with age and I smugly thought to myself that’s just because she was old (she was probably only 40 at the time). Now I find myself thinking the same and wondering when age snuck up on me.
August was a hectic month for me. My birthday falls slap bang in the middle of it on the 15th and so you find yourself in a month of celebrations, catching up with friends that you haven’t seen for a while and treating yourself… well, just because. It was an awesome month and made me realise how many amazing friends that I have. Let me take you through the pics…
1. We spent a lazy Sunday at Guards Polo. It’s my absolute favourite thing to do when the weather is fine but the season goes so quickly. We went to a military match there a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely to see the guards in their full gear. I’m so patriotic that stuff like that gets me every time.
2. My birthday was spent at Coworth Park. My little sanctuary in Berkshire, I consider myself so lucky to have this haven on my doorstep. The boy treated me to a spa day, whilst he sat and played some random guy’s game on his iPad by the pool. He seemed happy. It was lovely.
3. I made some gorgeous roasted asparagus with lemon. I’m trying to make more meals from scratch and everything that I buy is organic. I’m getting to the point in my life where I want to take the best possible care of my body.
4. I had a surprise party! I’ve never had a surprise party EVER! The boy excelled when he organised the party on the evening of my birthday. Unfortunately the shock was caught on camera and some of my language wasn’t the best, but this hasn’t surfaced to date and so I’m hoping that I’m safe. As well as having some of my besties there, I was overwhelmed to have my best friend Guy there who I thought was in Canada and Antony who had come up from Southampton. I cried. Natch.
5. It was a quieter month in work which gave me the chance to head into London for meetings. I got the chance to meet up with the lovely Francis at the Riding House Cafe. I used to work a stone’s throw from RHC and so it was a regular stomping ground of mine. You can’t beat their food and their coffee!
6. The lovely Kenzie of Lemonaid Lies also had her birthday within a couple of days of mine. Therefore we headed to Bill’s for a team outing and much meat was consumed. Much, much meat.
7. Having received a Nikon D5200 for my birthday, every waking hour has been spent scouring Pinterest and blogs for photographic inspiration. I found a few good posts on props and have since filled the whole of the cottage with random cutlery and trays. I’m really popular right now.
8. I got to see the awesome Tee, who recently got engaged to her lovely boyfriend Tom. We went for dinner at Roka where we had the best sushimi (my most favourite food ever) and champagne. I love catching up with Tee, her positivity towards life constantly inspires me.
How was your August? Did you do much? What do you have planned for September? This weekend I have a 80th birthday BBQ to go to (please keep your hat on sunshine) and lunch at Guards tomorrow. It should be good.
I hope you have an awesome weekend.