We’re fast approaching autumn and whilst I’m sad to say goodbye to an awesome summer, there’s something so special about autumn. Here are 10 of the things I love most about it:-
1. Getting out my winter wardrobe and discovering clothes that I’d completely forgotten about. It’s like free shopping if you will… until a month down the line when you remember why you stopped wearing them in the first place.
2. Making leaf angels. Think snow angels in red and yellow leaves. The colours of the trees, just magical. Not so good if you’re wearing expensive jeans.
3. New flavours of coffee being reintroduced to your favourite coffee shops. Grande please.
5. Hats – bobble hats, floppy hats, Panama hats… wonderful hats. Amazing for adding instant attitude to any outfit and amazing for hiding fluffy hair. Lazy? Moi? Yup.
6. Darker nights. Don’t get me wrong, I love summer evenings in the sun with a glass of champagne, but there’s something lovely about coming home to a warm cottage when it’s cold outside.
8. Crisp, dry, bright mornings – the cold against your cheeks, waking you as you step out into the day.
9. Pulling on your favourite boots, polishing off your outfit with the knowledge that you’re wearing ridiculous (and often mismatched) socks.
10. Bonfires, sparklers and hotdogs. What more is there to say? WINNING COMBO.
I’m kinda excited for it. Which season is your favourite? What do you love most about autumn?